i have anterior composite veneers.canine-canine. its been 6nw and is discoloured. i dont want to replace it. can i just remove the veneers,since it is a reversible composite

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - April - 2010, at 20:05 PM

• We are thankful for feedback on our service. It goes longway in improving our services. You have found our services to be useful and effective, then plz write about us on your facebook, twitter or other blogging sites.

• cathy

cathy 07 - April - 2010, at 01:36 AM

• thanks Dr.Ritz for your va;luable information. it was a great help

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - April - 2010, at 20:34 PM

• If it is composite veneer and is discolored then you can go for polishing of veneer which will help in removing the discoloration. If you want to go for removal of composite veneer then you have to ask your dentist as to give veneers, some reduction of the tooth is done and without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment. The best option for you can be, to get the polishing done as you have mentioned that it is reversible composite and polishing will remove the discoloration and it will match with your other teeth. If you go for removal then may be you can develop gaps between the teeth which must have been created to accomodate the composite material. For more info on composites you can check our website with following link to cosmetic dentistry .. http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-cosmetic-dentistry-85.aspx

Free Dental Consultation