I HAD UNDERGONE ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT STARTING 1997 YEARS, PART OF ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT I HAD BEEN UNDERGONE MANDIBLE ADVANCEMENT SURGERY 2 YEARS BACK. SINCE THE SURGERY I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH PAIN IN THE LOWER LIP AND CHIN EVEN MOST OF THE TIME PAIN IN UPPER AND LOWER INCESSORS . DOCTOR ADVICED ME TO TAKE TABLETS OF 2 MONTHS ONLY. BUT BY THE DRUG I HAVE NOT GOT ANY IMPROVEMENT IN PAIN RELEIF. EVERY MINUTE I AM SUFFERING WITH PAIN IN THE LOWER LIP AND CHIN . WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET RID OF OF THE PAIN IN NATURAL WAY AND CONSERVATIVE METHOD . I SHALL BE VERY THAKFUL FOR YOUR RESPOSE. ..THANKING YOU

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 30 - October - 2011, at 23:01 PM

• Champ, In case of orthognathic surgery, if the condylar sag is left free, then condylar sagging can take place and can cause asymmetry of jaw and face. You need to vist your oral surgeon. Second surgery may also be required in case of complications after orthognathic surgery.

• champ

champ 30 - October - 2011, at 07:56 AM

• i had an orthognathic surgery for protuding lower jaw on 26th april 2011.now all swelling has gone.but there is muscle pile up on left side of face because of which my left and right side of face don't look similar.right side looks flat while left side appears bit roundish in shape.please suggest how to get rid of this muscle pile up so that my left and right side appear similar? please help

• gavulla ravinder reddy

gavulla ravinder reddy 24 - April - 2011, at 23:59 PM

• thakyou for your kind respose, i will consult my dental surgeon .onceagain i thakyou a lot

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - April - 2011, at 19:53 PM

• PAIN AFTER SURGERY FOR SUCH A LONG TIME IS NOT NORMAL. NORMALLY  AFTER SURGERY IN 3 MONTHS HEALING TAKES PLACE AND THE PAIN IS GONE. YOU HAVE TO VISIT YOUR ORAL SURGEON WHO HAS DONE THE SURGERY TO FIND OUT CAUSE AND GET TREATMENT ACCORDINGLY. WITHOUT CLINICAL EXAM AND HISTORY, IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ADVICE ON SUCH COMPLICATED CASES. SO BEST WAY FORWARD TO CALL YOUR SURGEON ASAP AND SCHDULE AN APPOINMENT. IN CASE YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH HIM THEN YOU CAN SEEK A SECOND OPIONION.

Free Dental Consultation