i brushed my gums/teeth a little hard the other night at which point they started bleeding. well now my mouth is so sore in that area if i drink anything it hurts for a few in the mornings i have to fill my mouth with air to allow me to open my mouth confortably to eat or talk. now a white line has appeared and it seems to be more sore. Did i just brush to hard and tear my gum or is this something severe

Leave Comment

Comments

• nichole

nichole 12 - May - 2011, at 09:46 AM

• thank you so much it is clearing great and is no longer sore i have a small indentation where the white mark was it took about 4 days to heal, i have to use extra soft brushes now but my mouth is so much better thank you

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - May - 2011, at 18:54 PM

• Yes, it is ecause of the hard brushing and you have injured the gums. The brushing strokes should be proper and you should use soft brush gently to clean the teeth. Now you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and can apply some good gum paint available OTC. Donot irritate the gums further. Brush very gently and maintain good oral hygiene. If this does not heal in 2-3 days then you have to visit a dentist to get evaluation done. For more info on how to do proper brushing you can read this article...  www.identalhub.com/article_why-do-we-need-to-brush-our-teeth-156.aspx

Free Dental Consultation