I brush my teeth several times a day, using all the Crest 3D products, the rinse, toothpaste, and the toothbrush;and yet my teeth are still yellow. My teeth have always been yellow. I stray from food/drinks that discolor my teeth like soda, juice, coffee, and yet they never whiten. How can I whiten my teeth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - August - 2012, at 03:08 AM

• Dear ABBY, Yes there are definitely some home remedies to whiten your teeth like using a paste of baking soda n dental cream. You can use it together also or alternatively like doing brush with dental cream in the morning and using baking soda at night. Also there are certain food products that helps in teeth whitening like strawberries and oranges...to know more you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-hot-methods-of-teeth-whitening-600.aspx

• abby

abby 09 - August - 2012, at 00:36 AM

• i have very yellow teeth. i brush them everyday, and they're still discolored. it isn't genetics because my siblings all have white teeth. my parents don't bring me to the dentist. is there ANYTHING i can do to whien my teeth, or am i a lost cause?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - March - 2011, at 20:43 PM

• May be it is due to biofilm which is formed within 2-3 hours of brushing and it also depends on type of food you eat on that day.

• richard

richard 26 - March - 2011, at 21:15 PM

• Why is it that my teeth are more yellow some days, compared to others?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - March - 2011, at 20:09 PM

• Sometimes the tooth color is yellow in color only. The cause for this can be genetic. In such cases, how much brushing you do or whatever product you use is not gonna whiten your teeth. For this you need bleaching which can be at home or dentist. In your case, the bleaching from dentist will be more effective. If you want to have quick results then you can get in office bleaching otherwise you can get the bleaching trays made from dentist and get the material and you can use it at home. It also gives good results within 5-14 days depending on how much whitening you want. For more info on bleaching of teeth you can read this article from given link... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-tooth-whitening-or-bleaching-145.aspx

Free Dental Consultation