I have braces and my dentist says there going to give me expanders. But I wanted to know if there are any removable expanders so I can take it out when needed ?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - August - 2011, at 04:31 AM

• The expanders are usually used to expand the jaw so that there won’t be any overcrowding of the teeth and this will lead to the teeth being able to be straightened out.  Removable expanders are available but they are not very effective. Along with braces treatment fixed expanders are given.Expanders are fitted to the palate and can be quite painful but after a few weeks of wearing the Braces and Expanders you will get quite used to them. The expander can be activated with the help of a screw that is on it. You need to turn the screw or the key and the appliance gets tightened in your mouth. It does not come out of your mouth and remains fixed until the dentist decides to remove it. To know more about expanders, you can refer to the following article .....  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-need-for-palate-expanders-with-braces-treatment-860.aspx

Free Dental Consultation