I have a persistent dry mouth (and hence halitosis) specially after brushing the teeth and also whenever I walk out of my home (has it got something to do with outdoor pollution?)? It is getting very difficult to communicate with random people on the streets because of the resulting halitosis. How can I prevent the mouth from getting dry? I drink more than 10 glasses of water per day.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Mary Stevia

Mary Stevia 18 - September - 2010, at 04:58 AM

• Trauma to the mouth can cause such type of problems like that of chipped tooth.Usually cosmetic dentistry is advised in case of complete broken tooth also know as reconstructive dentistry as it works well for the chipped tooth and damaged teeth. If the chipping is minor dentist is able to make it smooth again, veeners are referred in that case. If its quite badly damaged then dentist suggest the patient crowning of teeth.The main thing is that it should get fixed in time.

• lily

lily 16 - September - 2010, at 05:35 AM

• Our nerve endings are inside the teeth.When you chip one, the nerve becomes exposed and you'll feel intense sensations of hot/cold depending on what you're eating or drinking. just give it time, the nerve ending will get tougher and the feelings will go away after a couple weeks. I chipped my tooth years ago, and I went though the same thing.

• Samantha

Samantha 16 - September - 2010, at 03:35 AM

• My tooth got chipped as I ate something hard and then I went to the dentist to get my tooth filled. After my visit to the dentist, I started to feel pain when drinking anything cold and my teeth cant resist any, again I cant eat anything hard. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to help this? I don't have a cavity in that tooth, it was just chipped and then fixed up but its been bothering me for about 2 months now. I can't chew anything hard or drink anything cold on that side of the mouth and it is really bothering me.

• Stephen H

Stephen H 14 - September - 2010, at 05:24 AM

• Good oral hygiene can prevent but not cure gingivitis. For a cure you need to see a periodontist, they specialize in gum health and have an arsenal of tools to treat your gum infection. Dont ignore this, gum disease has been implicated as a possible trigger for many more serious illnesses. Once you treat and cure your gingivitis, proper oral hygiene can keep your mouth clean and infection free. Good oral hygiene involves brushing minimum twice a day, flossing and tongue scraping.

• Simi Sharma

Simi Sharma 14 - September - 2010, at 03:10 AM

• When I was younger I never developed good oral hygiene routines and my family couldn't afford the dentist. After about 14 years of not going to the dentist or practicing good oral hygiene, I went and they told me I had gingivitis. At first, I slacked off, only brushing maybe 4 times a week, but after my last visit, I brush everyday, twice a day... and I still have gingivitis: my gums are red and white, swollen, and bleed when I brush. I don't understand, please help!

Free Dental Consultation