I HAVE SEVERAL BROKEN AND ROTTEN TEETH AND WOULD LIKE THEM REMOVED WITH SOME NEEDED SURGERY TO REMOVE SOME. THIS IS MY UPPER AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT'S POSSIBLE TO GET THEM ALL REMOVED AT ONE TIME AND HOW LONG WILL I HAVE TO WAIT TO GET A FULL UPPER DENTURE.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - July - 2011, at 09:00 AM

• Yes it is possible to get all the upper teeth pulled out in one go but for that you have to discuss with your Oral Sugeon who will see the condition of teeth and it depends on your general health also. In such cases premedication is done so that infection is not there afterwards. After getting all the teeth removed you can go for upper denture after 6 weeks to 3 months and that again depends on healing process of extraction sockets as the success of denture depends on the bony structure. If you donot want to be without denture for so long then you can plan immediate dentures which are given just after tooth extractions but they have to be replaced afterwards with regular dentures as they become loose and misfit. For more info on full mouth extractions you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-full-mouth-extractions-371.aspx

Free Dental Consultation