i have a palatal expander right now and it seems like i'm gonna have it for 5 months more . i feel pressure on my nose and i read on different sites that it changes the nose.So i was thinking to get a rhinoplasty while i'm having the palatal expander in my mouth but i don't know if is a good idea since i feel so much pressure on the nose and i'm scared that the surgery may be affected by the palatal expander .what do you think from your experience? thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - December - 2010, at 09:42 AM

• Palate expander is given to expand the maxilliary arch where the arches are narrow and teeth are not in normal occlusion and with palate expander, the arches are expanded to create the space which is used to align the teeth. Palatal expanders donot change the shape of the nose but if you really want to go for Rinoplasty, in my opinion it should be done after the Palatal expanders are removed or when the palatal expanders are worn just for retainer purpose and are not activated. For more ino on palate expander appliance, you can read the following article in our website... www.identalhub.com/article_palate-expansion-screw-242.aspx

Free Dental Consultation