I am lookiing for advice for a problem that is causing me extreme anxiety and depression. I have always had extremely healthy teeth/gums. white nice strong teeth. I am 25 years old. two years ago I noticed browning stains bettween my teeth, especially noticable between my two bottom teeth, but the brown stains are everywhere. (behind teeth) I go to the dentist regularily. They are not taking it seriously. They tell me not to drink coffee, which I don't, or eat things that stain teeth. They also say maybe I am not brushing properly, but I am. I feel like I am going crazy as I get my teeth cleaned, then it starts appearing again within 3 months. I don't know what my next step is?? My medical doctor told me to ask the dentist. could this be body chemistry? imbalance? What can I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - November - 2011, at 23:19 PM

• Stains on teeth can be because of smoking or can occur because of some medicaments like iron syrups or can be there due to excess intake of sodas or tea or coffee. Excess use of mouth washes containing chlorhexidine can also cause staining of teeth. Stains on teeth can also occur because of poor oral hygiene. If the teeth are crooked and are not aligned properly, then cleaning becomes difficult which can lead to staining of teeth. Nutritional deficiencies like deficiency of calcium, vitamin C, Vitamin D can also lead to discoloration of teeth.  If you are a smoker or take tobacco, then quit the habit. Don’t use mouth washes containing peroxide and if you are in habit of consuming more of sodas and tea or coffee, then avoid it. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly to avoid stains on teeth. Eat nutritious diet. You can get dental cleaning done to remove the stains on teeth or can get professional teeth whitening done if the teeth are discolored.  Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis as to what is the cause of stains in your mouth. For more info on causes of tooth discoloration, you can refer to…  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-can-cause-tooth-discoloration-538.aspx

Free Dental Consultation