15 years ago when I was 8, I lost one of my front teeth in an accident. As a result, my other front tooth moved over and is now smack dab in the middle. My other front teeth moved with it; for the most part, my top teeth are straight. I cannot get over the fact that I have one front tooth. There is no longer a gap, but since my two front teeth were longer than the rest of my teeth, my now one front tooth hangs lower and it makes me extremely self conscious. My question is: Are there veneers that can cover my front tooth (teeth) that can make it appear as though I have 2 front teeth? Or would I need a crown? Any information would be much appreciated. I feel like I'm the only person in the world with 1 front tooth who doesn't have a gap and has a straight smile. Thank you in advance.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - April - 2011, at 20:03 PM

• It is a common problem when oe front tooth is lost. In your case the space must have been taken over by the lateral incisor which is small in size but there must be midline shift also. In such cases it is always better to go for the cosmetic treatment in both the front teeth as that way the dentist can adjust the midline also. If you go for the veneer in one tooth only then the problem of midlne shift will be there and that will not look very esthetic. As for veneer you can opt for porcelain veneer  or lumineers as they give quite good results. For more info on dental veneers or lumineers you can visit the following link..www.identalhub.com/article_dental-lumineers-355.aspx

Free Dental Consultation