I'm a 25 year old female with a history of cavities. I recently did an at-home fluoride treatment using MI Paste Plus, and found my teeth feeling very strong and healthy the day after. My question is: how often can I use this product, or any fluoride treatment? Are there any risks associated with overuse? Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - June - 2011, at 10:41 AM

• You can use MI paste which has fluoride for cavities twice a day and night time is be best time for its use as after using this you donot have to rinse the mouth and take anything for min 30 minutes. Fluoride make the teeth resistent to caries. In caries process bacteria in the mouth ferment the impacted food and break down it into acid and this acid causes the caries. Fluoride not only decreases the number of bacteria but also makes the tooth resistent to acid attact. so along with using MI paste you should maintain very good oral hygiene also so that impacted food is not there. You can use this as topically is not harmful to use but donot swallow it. For more info on fluoride you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_flouride-delivery-system-415.aspx

Free Dental Consultation