Hi, I started 1 1/2 ago going to the dentist regularly for my cleanings and checkups due to the suggestion of my dentist to use nitrous oxide due to sensitive teeth. It worked but yesterday it did not work for some reason. They tried it 2 days in a row. I am taking immune suppression medications for an condition called AIR plus prednisone which makes me shaky for 2 years along with xanax to stop the nervousness from the prednisone. Just mention this in case it would be relevant. Can you tell me what happened and why it would happen.. Never take pain pills so tolerance should not be an issue unless it is the xanax which I take 1 mg a day to sleep at the end of the day or a 1/2 if my heart starts beating hard.. Thanks, Liz

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - January - 2011, at 20:08 PM

• When one is taking anti anxiety drugs like Xanax, then the nitrous oxide can be less effective. You can discuss your situation with your dentist and he can supplement some oral sedative before giving the nitrious oxide or can give some anti anxiety drug before giving nitrous oxide. However your situation has to be accessed along with your physician to use proper kind of supplement for your along with nitrous oxide. For more info on nitrous oxide you can read the following article... www.identalhub.com/dental-conscious-sedation-for-pain-control-at-dentist-593.aspx

Free Dental Consultation