I just saw a dentist last Thursday who took a bitewing x-ray of the problem tooth (tooth #30 under crown) and was diagnosed with an abscess at the root. She prescribed Penicillin and I have an appointment with an endodontist this coming Wednesday for a root canal. However, the pain is still excruciating and have a lump in my neck and jaw with clicking when I chew, and with each bout of pain, my gums swell so much, all my teeth ache on the right side of my face. I'm also experiencing sever headaches, swollen top of cheek and pain down my right arm. Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated...Thank you ~ Michele M from RI

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - February - 2010, at 19:47 PM

• The pain and swellng is due to the infection in the tooth. Along with the antibiotics you can take some painkiller and anti inflammatory. This will help. Avoid eating from that side. It takes tiime for the medicine to be effectie. but you will be comfortable once te root canal is opened as the abcess will be drained. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.........http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation