I've had some problems in the past with my personal dental hygiene but for the past 6 months i've been brushing my teeth regularly and washing my mouth out with peroxide and mouth wash but my teeth are still green. i was diagnosed with Periodontal diseases but have since then with the help of a prescription mouth wash was able to get it under control and my gums are no longer bleeding but my teeth are green and even look as if they have gotten greener in some places this only takes place on my bottom front teeth

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - September - 2011, at 00:26 AM

• Green color of teeth can be because of poor oral hygiene. Foods with abundant chlorophyll such as spinach, broccoli or due to excessive exposure of nickel or copper can also cause green  teeth.  Excessive use of chlorhexidine which is a mouth wash causes extrinsic stains on the teeth near the gums. Some of the medications and systemic disorders like biliary atresia also cause green teeth due to deposition of biliverdin. To remove the stains, dental cleaning or professional teeth whitening may be done.  In case of professional teeth whitening, bleaching gel is used. If the teeth are green due to poor oral hygiene, then maintain a good oral hygiene for this. Brush and floss regularly.  Discontinue the use of mouthwash if discoloration is due to use of mouth wash. You can consult your dentist in this regard. For more info on stained and discolored teeth, you can refer to the following article…   http://www.identalhub.com/article_stained-and-discoloured-teeth-4.aspx

Free Dental Consultation