how much fluoride should i ask my dentist for per day being that i have a well with no fluoride

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - August - 2011, at 01:13 AM

• Daily intake of fluoride on an average is 1.7 to 3.3 mg. Out of the total, dry food intake is 0.2 to 1.8mg and intake from water is 1.5mg. Normally water has 0.7-1.2ppm of fluoride in it Apart from water and food; fluoride is also present in tooth pastes and mouthwashes. Seafood and fish are also rich in fluorides.   Fluoride supplement tablets are also present in the market.   If you don’t have any caries or gum diseases present,  then you don’t need to have fluoride supplements but if you are susceptible to caries or have initial caries present, then you can either take the supplements or  get fluoride application done from your dentist.  Sodium fluoride, stannous fluoride, acidulated phosphate fluoride is used in topical fluoride application. For more info on fluoride delivery system, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_flouride-delivery-system-415.aspx

Free Dental Consultation