My 19 year old son has what i beleive to be an absess,however no dental insurance,Last year he was able to get a medicated filling,He is describing a pain that he says is almost bringing him to his knees. I have inquired about payment plans but no one wants anything to do with that,my question is worst case,how dangerous can this be for him if he lets this go? Thank You, worried mom

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - April - 2010, at 19:28 PM

• Abscessed tooth is focus of infection and it should be treated asap otherwise it can spread and cause infection of the jaw. Otherwise also, beacuse of infection, there is pain and difficulty in eating which can affect general health of child. You should not take chance with abscessed tooth as focus of infection anywhere in body is not good and if you cannot afford private dentist then you can try some dental school near you home where the treatment is available at lesser cost and even sometimes free also and the quality of treatment is as good as private dentist. also. You can also call your local health department and ask for any free dental clinics in your area. For better understanding of abscessed tooth, you can read the following article in our website.... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation