Hi! I am having a severe problem in finding whitening products that actually work. I have tried everything under the sun, short of having my dentist whiten my teeth because my insurance doesn't cover the cost of cosmetic dentistry, and ripping my teeth out and having them replaced with fake ones that are white. I DO smoke, but that is not the problem, as they have been discolored and yellow before I even knew what cigarettes were. Even after quitting for a year, my teeth were STILL yellow. Besides, everyone I know smokes, and all their teeth are nice and white. I brush them every day with a whitening toothpaste, I use a whitening mouth wash and I floss, and I am still having problems getting my teeth whitened. My mother had my dentist coat my teeth in some kind of enamel strenghthener or something when I was young, and I am wondering if maybe that has something to do with the discoloration and maybe the whitening products can't penetrate that stuff to get rid of the stains? I don't know exactly what it was called that was used to coat my teeth or how long it lasts. I only know they were my permanent teeth (I was a teenager when I had it done) and the whole reason she had it done was because she believed that she wouldn't have to take me to the dentist as often if I had that stuff put on there. I am only 30 years old, but my ugly yellow smile makes me appear older than that, and it's sooo embarrassing and gross. I hate looking at myself in pictures because my teeth are so dark yucky. Can you please tell me anything I can do to change this? Is there anything out there that doesn't cost a ton of money or at the very least, will actually work? I'm beginning to think that all the whitening products out there are only going to work for people who's teeth are already white!!It's so frustrating. Any help you can give me regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - April - 2010, at 20:19 PM

• As you have already tried everything which can be used for teeth whitening, you need dentist's help for teeth whitening. First of all you have to get the diagnois made for why your teeth are yellow and accordingly you have to get the treatment. If you keep using whitening products without clinical diagnosis by dentist, it is not going to help you. There are sometimes intrinsic staining which causes the yellow teeth and every type of yellow teeth cannot be treated by whitening and if they cannot be treated by whitening then other treatment options are available like veneers or crowns. However diagnosis is the key to decide the treatment plan. So if you really want good smile, you have to visit the dentist and take professional opinon. For more info on tooth staining, you can read the following article from our website...www.identalhub.com/article_stained-and-discoloured-teeth-4.aspx

Free Dental Consultation