Ihave had a bad canine tooth for quite awhile.I am scared to death of the dentists,the last time i went in to have it pulled the dentist refused to pull it because my bp was very high.My bp is usually normal,but being in pain and also my dentist phobia makes it go high,I literally begged him to pull it,bit he just sent me home with antiobiotics and pain killers and he call in a stronger one for me the next day as he knew I was truly in pain.Now the tooth has brock at the gumline and in severe pain again.I really don't know what to do as I don't have much money.I am on SSDI and this is the cheapest dentist in area.He said to go to an oral surgeon becausre of my fears.I will be fine once it's pulled and my old dentist used to call me in something to take before I went in to calm me down.This tooth keeps breaking and now it feels like a dry socket type pain.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - June - 2011, at 19:12 PM

• It is not advisable to get the tooth pulled out if the BP is high. It should be controlled before the tooth is extracted otherwise there is problem of bleeding from extraction socket. If you are very anxious then take some anti anxiety drug prescribed by your dentist before getting it pulled out. In case of canine, as the roots are very long and your canine is broken at gum line it is advisable to go to an oral surgeon to get it pulled out and if you cannot afford an oral surgeon then you can go to a dental school near your home where the treatment is usually cheaper than the private dentist. You have to check with dentist whether your are covered for dental treatment. For more info on tooth extraction you can read this article...www.identalhub.com/dental-fear-of-dentists-and-pain-519.aspx

Free Dental Consultation