hi there i am bit worried about my gummy smile, i would like to know the possible treatment and approx cost for it.Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - December - 2011, at 22:25 PM

• When excess of gums are displayed, then that condition is known as gummy smile. It can occur because of abnormal eruption of teeth, erratic muscle movement or can occur because of skeletal defect or can occur because of some oral habits like mouth breathing etc. You can visit your dentist to get treatment done for your gummy smile. Your dentist will examine your teeth and gums and will see the extent of gingival display which is there. If there is small defect present, then laser treatment can be done to correct the defect. If teeth are not in normal position, then dental braces treatment may also be required.   Cosmetic gums surgery can be done to correct gummy smile. Crown lengthening procedure can be done in which gums are cut to reveal more of crown portion of the tooth and will create a uniform gum line. Cost of crown lengthening procedure is around $1500-$2000. Cost will vary from place to place and dentist to dentist and will vary according to situation. For more info on cosmetic gums surgery, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-cosmetic-gum-surgery-60.aspx

Free Dental Consultation