I just got a tongue piercing about a month ago.i have noticed a growth maybe?? On the underside of my tongue by the piercing site.its only off to one side but its white.also just within the past day or so but the left side of my mouth has gotten swollen to where i cant bite down.i have a wisdom tooth coming in.any ideas what might be happening?.is this because of my tongue piercing??

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - July - 2011, at 10:42 AM

• the swelling which is on the right side and under the tongue seems to be due to tongue piercing. After tongue piercing, till the healing occurs one has to be careful as it can easily get infected. So keep good oral hygiene. For left side swelling it looks like that it is due to growing wisdom tooth. You have to go to dentist and get exam and xray done. If the sufficient space for growth of wisdom teeth is not there then they are called impacted wisdom teeth and needs to be extracted. For more infon on tongue piercing you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_tongue-piercing-aftercare-337.aspx

Free Dental Consultation