Hello! I'm 18 years old and I have a problem.. I lost my expander for about a month and I wasn't able to visit my dentist because of my busy schedule. I am worrying that she won't be able to put my braces because I have a crooked tooth(deep). I know it's my fault.. but will she be able to put my braces? I'm from the Philippines so the expander is so expensive and I can't just tell my mom that I accidentally threw it at the trash can? Please help. Are there other options? Hoping for your response and Thank you in advance

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2010, at 19:48 PM

• Whether your dentist will be able to put braces are not, depends on how much expansion has taken place. Palate expander is given to expand the arches so that space can be created for alignment of crooked teeth. If enough space is created then your dentist may be able to put the braces to align your crooked teeth othewise you have to go for another palate expander. For more info on Palate Expander you can read this article from our website... www.identalhub.com/article_palate-expansion-screw-242.aspx

Free Dental Consultation