i dont have dental or enough money to go to the dentist until next week. i think my tooth is infected because its hurting and my jaw is now swollen

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - December - 2011, at 04:07 AM

• Pain in the tooth can be because of dental caries present in the tooth or can occur if the tooth is cracked or can  occur because of gum infection in relation to the tooth. Jaw swelling and pain can occur during wisdom tooth eruption. If pain is because of dental caries, then you can keep a clove over the infected tooth. It will provide some relief. Putting cotton swab saturated with turmeric powder in dental cavity will also give some relief from pain. Turmeric powder is considered to be a good antibiotic. It can be used for temporary relief. If pain is because of gum infections, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. If pain is because of cracked tooth, then you can avoid eating from that tooth. If pain is because of wisdom tooth eruption, then you can avoid any food accumulates in back of the jaw. Food accumulates and deposits present will aggravate the swelling and pain. Applying orajel over the time might help. To reduce jaw swelling, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. You can also take some OTC pain med for pain relief. They are just the home remedies which will provide some temporary relief. You need to get treatment done for your infected tooth. If there are caries present in the tooth, then restoration will be required. If decay is deep, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown is required. If tooth is cracked, then restoration or root canal treatment will be required. If pain is because of wisdom tooth eruption, then dentist will take an x-ray to see the positioning of wisdom tooth. If wisdom tooth is impacted, then surgical tooth extraction of wisdom tooth will be required. If you don’t have much money, then you can visit a dental school for treatment. Treatment at low cost is provided at dental school. For more info on home remedies for dental problems, refer to….    http://www.identalhub.com/article_home-remedies-for-dental-problems-88.aspx

Free Dental Consultation