I have recently heard about using a peroxide mixed with baking soda past that whitens teeth. Does this work, and will it soften my enamel? I have week enamel already and would like whiter teeth. I brush at least twice a day and floss every day and it doesn't help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - May - 2010, at 19:42 PM

• If baking soda and hydrogen peroxide is used on normal enamel, it do whitens the teeth and does not cause any softening of the enamel. Though this whitening procedure is a slow process as compared to professional tooth whitening system but it do works. If your enamel is soft, first you have to find out the cause of this. This home tooth whitening system will not be very effective on soft enamel as the soft enamel is normally becuase of hypoplasia or flurosis. So before using the hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, you should check with your dentist to find out the cause. For more info on home tooth whitening procedures with baking soda you can read the following article in our website... www.identalhub.com/dental-will-baking-soda-really-whiten-teeth-517.aspx

Free Dental Consultation