The roof of my mouth has been burning ever sunce i got my spacers put in. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the spacers. Every time I eat or drink something it burns. Also the roof of my mouth feels as if its raw.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - February - 2011, at 19:59 PM

• If you have all the wisdom teeth and they are not erupted then the pain can be because of them.Spacers also cause some pain but it does not cause swelling or difficulty in opening or closing the mouth but as the spacers are given to create the space and may be the slight movement of the teeth has caused the problem in the wisdom tooth area. You have to see the dentist to find out the correct diagnosis. Till then maintain very good oral hygeine and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day.

• Jessica

Jessica 21 - February - 2011, at 09:37 AM

• I had spacers put in my teeth almost a week ago. over the weekend i felt extreme pain and now the left side of my face is swollen. I am not able to open or close my mouth completely. I had ask my orthodontist about my wisdom teeth, because I still have ALL 4 of them. he stated I did not need them out, but I think that is what is causing my so much pain. Could that be the reason?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - February - 2011, at 19:55 PM

• After getting the spacers for the braces treatmentusually there is pain as the teeth are moved to create the spacefor the braces. There is no burning sensation. May be you have taken some thing hot which has caused this.The spacers are like elastics which are put between the teeth in which the contacts are tight. The part of the palate where you are feeling burnng sensation you can put some anaesthetic gel, If it does not give relief then you should visit your dentist. for more info on burning sensation of palate you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/dental--treatment-for-pizza-palate-burns-770.aspx

Free Dental Consultation