Hello :) I am a 38 year old woman. I have 6 gaps in my upper teeth, and 6 in lower teeth, and I am a candidate for invisalign. I also have an overbite, but it is in normal range, and have been told we won't be changing that. My ortho mentioned moving the teeth back about 2mm. I have now become paranoid about how my lips and mouth my change. I do not want a thinner top lip, and also my mouth, despite all the gaps, is narrow already, and am concerned if my mouth area will sink into itself while pushing teeth together. My widest gap is in the middle of my top teeth, and the next being on the sides of my lower teeth. I do not want to end up with loose saggy lips on bottom and no lip on top! How much of a change do u think might occur?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - August - 2010, at 19:34 PM

• There would not be much change in the position of the lips as the teeth are not protruded and according to you the orthodontist is not going to change the overbite. the teth are not pushed back but the gaps are being closed still you can discuss with your orthodontist.. if youu want to know more about invisalign you can visit the following link on our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_invisalign-braces-164.aspx 

Free Dental Consultation