Thank u for you opinion, I do believe it too, my problem because my oral sxn doesn't see any discharge he feels there is no problems. But I went through this with the tooth in front (different surgeon) and after fighting with him for months I ended up with a diagnosis of osteomyelitis. I have been seeing a pain management Dr but he doesn't t seem to realize, the pain I'm in? I'm worried because he said a dry socket does not happen in upper molars. But u & I know that's not true how can I prove the pain and horrible taste I had even asked for him to send out pathology like the other son but he said after ext there was no evidence of infection. My jaw hurts so bad and when I take a deep breath the ir makes it hurt even worse also the dampness bothers. My jaw!!! PLEASE HELP Thank you Dawn

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - August - 2012, at 01:02 AM

• Dear DAWN,

The doctor is right that dry socket is more common in lower jaw and not upper jaw but it doesn't mean that you can't have dry socket in upper jaw. There are chances but very less (only if you don't take care of the oral hygiene and don't follow post extraction instructions)

Now since you were diagnosed with osteomyelitis so you need to be extra precautious and should also consult an orhopedic surgeon. Dont take any OTC medications, they might aggravate the pain. For more info visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation