Ok it has been 3 weeks since I got all my teeth out and my tongue is still swelling to the point I feel it when I swallow. The oral surgeon I went to says it doesn't look swollen but he is in his 60's and not saying anything against him but I am not happy at how rough he is with my mouth. So I am getting False Teeth the end of March he has released me now. My question here is my tongue didn't swell before he took all my teeth out which was 23 teeth. He also cut my gums all the way top and bottom and used stitches. I wasn't in a lot of pain only used Tylenol and Advil during the healing. So is this tongue swelling normal? What should I do to get it to stop this swelling. It comes on and has lasted all night and then into the day. It went down again last night but now today it is back up again. It is scaring me. Please help...Thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - February - 2012, at 11:26 AM

• If you do not have any infection in the oral cavity and all the extraction sockets are completely healed then there is no reason for the tongue to swell. May be as you do not have any teeth the space available for the tongue is more which causes the feeling as the tongue is swollen. if you are not veru convinced then go to another dentist and get the check up done.

Free Dental Consultation