I have an apical gum infection and swellling above my root canal which was done 3 years back. One dentist said I need to do surgery which I want to avoid. I did opg and there is one white spot inside gum where my gum is bumpy from outside.I need second expert opinion about surgery.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Amit

Amit 12 - March - 2012, at 01:52 AM

• I started to use herbal extract 3 weeks back and now my swelling is gone and also my gum started to become hard and when I press that gum part it gives me very less pain compared to 3 weeks back. I am postponing Apicocetomy surgery for 1 month and see if this herbal wonder saves my gums. I am using this herbal extracts for 3 weeks 4 times a day by rubbing on gums and its showing amazing results by removing bacterias in my gums. I also rinse using the same powder at night.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - March - 2012, at 10:18 AM

• If the infection is there above the root canal treated tooth then you have only two treatment options. These are either to go for surgery as your dentist has suggested or get the re-root canal treatment done in which old filling is removed and after cleaning the canals, new fillings are inserted. The surgery is called Apicocetomy. It is difficult to say without seeing xrays and clinical examination that which treatment is better for you. So you can take a second opion from an Endodontist. For more info on apicocetomy you can read this link  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-apicectomy-43.aspx

Free Dental Consultation