Within the last couple days, I woke up after having had pain near my back let wisdom tooth for some time. I no longer had the pain, but I discovered swelling in my mouth on the left side of the jaw, specifically the side of the teeth facing inside the jaw, as well as having discovered a flap of skin from the back left of my top jaw now connecting the back left of my bottom jaw, making it so that I can't open my mouth more than an inch or so. I need to know if there's anything that can be done about the swelling & the flap of skin now connecting my top & bottom jaws on the left side at the back of my jaw.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - July - 2017, at 00:16 AM

• It looks like you have an impacted wisdom tooth on the left side. Some times the wisdom tooth does not have enough space to erupt in the oral cavity and there is pain anf inflammation. as you have grown skin over the tooth it is difficult to open the mouth and chew from that side. You have to visit your dentist and get the X-ray done to find out the cause and if needed you have to get it pulled out. Normaiiy the impacted teeth are pulled out as they donot help in mastication. till then you can maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. They really help. For more info on impacted teeth you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation