I have been in pain for over 5 years. It all started with getting rear upper molar pulled, then I had tmj with intense tongue and jaw pain.. Fast forward after 6 months splint, 6 months widening jaw and 4 years, which I was told would take 1 year, invsialign, which was painful to my tongue the whole time I had over 2mm build ups on both rear molars and ledges on the back of my front teeth. Once I was put into a retainer the ledges were taken off that is when the lip biting began as well. My lower teeth are still not even close to straight. that was the first 12,000. Then I finally and excitedly got to begin the 27,000 mouth reconstruction. 4 4 unit bridges and 2 crowns. I complained immediately the left side temporaries was much shorter then build up on right side solution was to perm cement left side permanents in and put temporaries in on right side. I was ok for a week still had a few tongue issues on left side, since left side didn't quite touch we did a very small amount of grinding on right side which then caused immense jaw pain solution nothing. then right perm. lower cemented in. right upper 4 unit bridge had to be sent back and temp was put in on top with a little build up I was so comfortable except some minor tongue pain on left side and still biting a little on lip. perm installed on right side perm cemented. I complained of horrendous jaw pain lip pain and tongue pain solution grind right down even farther which made things so much worse. I finally inquired if vdo was even increased due to the pain was even worse than 5 years ago. I had tests done and comment was made she is over 2 mm short in a lot of areas. Now I am being made to wait a month in immense pain to the point I don't want to live with this pain anymore. I have to go back into a splint and I don't know for how long and redo reconstruction. I am out of money the trip is a long way from where I live and I have wasted the last 5 years on nothing missing out on everything I can't work I am severely depressed and every moment is excruiationly painful. My question is are they doing the right thing? Why do I have to suffer so much? Why couldn't something else be done to control the pain? I have missed my children grow up and I don't take pleasure in anything anymore. Are they on the right track now? Should I just have them all pulled? I have wasted my families money on nothing.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - November - 2016, at 04:59 AM

•  It is very unfortunate that you have to suffer so much. Increasing Vertical dimension of occlusion is a very complicated thing and some people tale time to adjust to the increased occlusion. sit with your dentist and discuss with them the treatment plan. You cn always take the second opinion. It is difficult for us to give you any advise with out seeing the case clinicaiy and taking the history. For more info on TMJ disorders you cam visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tmj-disorders-51.aspx

Free Dental Consultation