How much sodium fluoride from toothpaste that contains 1000ppm or 1500ppm gets absorbed through mouth skin

Leave Comment

Comments

• kaito

kaito 04 - September - 2012, at 23:17 PM

• Are you expert? Fluoride can be absorbed through skin and get right into bloodstream. BTW what if you get amount that is toxic but doesn't cause vomit. It doesn't matter if fluoride get excreted because it already gets into brain, bones, pineal and thyroid gland, accumulates over time and causes damage.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - August - 2012, at 23:57 PM

• Dear GEDAS, Yes, you are absolutely right but body has its own excretory system i.e it excretes those unwanted products through our saliva,sweat,urine,etc. Moreover fluoride does not get absorbed in our g.i.t in its state available in a toothpaste and gastro-esophageal reflux repels it by inducing vomit(if taken in more qntity).

Fluoride acts in 2 ways --

1.chemical - it binds with the hydroxyapatite crystals of the teeth where it replaces the hydro.. to form fluoroapatite which is even more stable nd stronger.....in excess it causes motiling of the teeth..

2.biologocal - it breaks or hinders in the formation of the cell wall of the bacteria nd kills them..

• gedas

gedas 28 - August - 2012, at 01:04 AM

• I actualy was asking how much fluoride gets absorbed. So I found out that mouth has 90% absorbtion efficiency according Physician's Desk Reference Manual. If 1ml toothpaste (1040ppm) is applied orally it contains about 4.16ppm sodium fluoride so 3.75ppm can be absorbed including other soluble compounds. Plus it was concluded that adults with well developed spitting reflex absorb can swallow up to 10% of toothpaste. Fluoride is very toxic substance. It is effective only when applied on teeth if it gets into body it is toxic. It damages brain, pineal and thyroid gland, bone tissue and lowers IQ. So why fluoride exposure on skin is ignored?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - August - 2012, at 23:47 PM

•  Though sodium flouride is absorbed by during brushing but you don't need to worry as it is quickly excreted out from the body via urine. As such there is no specific amount quoted but whatsoever is absorbe will be excreted out safely without harming the skin. For more info regarding dentistry keep visiting http://www.identalhub.com

Now you can see all the lastest updates by liking our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IdentalhubCare

Free Dental Consultation