hello Dr Ritz my under bite class 3 surgery was done on oct 2011 which was a major surgery .my chin bone was cut from both sides.i have plates on sides now next month i am having another surgery of facial asymmetry.which is chin deviation.my question is that what would be the side effect of this surgery.can the jaw bone heal for second time or there wud be bone healing problem in second surgery.my age is 32 and i am under weight patient.or chin reduction wud be the better option for me.plz rply

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - June - 2012, at 22:28 PM

• Depending upon the surgery you can encounter with problems like nerve injuries to TMJ problems but only if you won't take any adequate care post surgery.

The plus point after orthognathic surgery is that your teeth won't be wired with elastics so you can do slight jaw exercies to help you not suffer from TMJ problems. Also take special care of your diet by eating soft non sticky food...For more info visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-straighten-teeth-without-wearing-braces-762.aspx

Free Dental Consultation