I am male, 23 and so terrified to have much needed dental work done. Like a lot of people, I have anxiety rooting back from childhood. Unfortunately, my anxiety is so severe and physical, just going near a dental office or hearing about someone going to the dentist makes me sick to my stomach and light headed.I hate thinking about going to an appointment, I get so scared. I have one bad tooth that will probably need to come out soon, some days are very painful. I'm so embarrassed about my issues, that this is my first attempt at reaching out to someone, so any advice is appreciated. To be honest, it helps just typing these words, so thanks for listening.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Taylor

Taylor 07 - November - 2013, at 21:03 PM

• Thank you. I've been doing some reading from you link. It make me feel better that I can go slow and just talk with a dentist at an appointment...I suppose I was so afraid when I was younger because it always HAD to be done that day and there was no getting out of it. As an adult, I have control and that makes me a little more comfortable. I'm also happy to hear about options in conscious sedation. I think I will be able to go through with this sooner rather than later. Thank you very much.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - November - 2013, at 09:13 AM

• Many people have anxiety and fear about dental work. It can be due to some bad experience way back or it is like near or dear one had bad experience. There is nothing to be ashamed of this. These days dentistry is not at all painful and it is very patient friendly. There are many options available for people like you who have dental phobia like you can try concious sedation or laughing gas and in extreme cases sometimes even general anesthesia is used. Firstly just go for dental consultation and talk to dentist. You will feel better and take every thing stepwise and donot rush the things. You are not the only one to have dental phobia and the dentists are trained to handle patients like you. for more info on dental phobia you can read this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-anxiety-83.aspx

Free Dental Consultation