Friday I noticed an odd pain in my mouth, the next day I decided to look at it as the pain was not going away. I noticed below my front lower teeth there was a yellow/white bump with red swelling around it. I waited to see if it would go away and when it did not I tried numbing medicine and salt and water. This did not work either in fact. The pain hurts so bad I don't want to talk as my lip grazes the spot. Now I have another bump between the crease of my lip and my gums. What is this and what can I do about it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - February - 2013, at 08:01 AM

• It lookslike as you have apthous ulcers or commonly called canker sores. There is no specific cause of these. These can occur due to  vitamin deficiency or due to some stress. They are self limiting and will go in 7-10 days. No specific treatment is there. You can just apply some numbing gel and do warm saline rinses. try to keep the area clean. Donot irritate them by touching. Take soft diet so that they are not irritated. They will heal in around 7-10 days. for more info on apthous ulcers you can check this aricle.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_canker-sore-234.aspx

Free Dental Consultation