respected sir, i have some yellowishness in my front two teeths. when i meet my local dentist he said that it was due to more quantity of flouride in my drinking water. this defect was not in my childhood stage. when i was small i had handpump in my house,he said ground handpump water is main reason of this. please help me is it curable. i will be your affectionate.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - September - 2012, at 02:23 AM

• Excess exposure of fluoride during tooth development can lead to dental fluorosis.The damage that dental fluorosis causes to the teeth enamel is permanent and not reversible. Dental fluorosis treatment is targeting in hiding the discoloration of the teeth. 

Treatment options depend on the severity of dental fluorosis. 
    Tooth Whitening(only for mild cases) The whitening is achieved by the abrasion of the outer layer of the enamel in order to remove surface stains. 
     In cases of severe dental fluorosis the tooth enamel usually becomes porous, and tooth whitening methods are not recommended as treatment. Dental fluorosis treatment for severe cases of fluorosis requires covering the affected teeth with restorations, such as :

Composite bonding:After etching the enamel, a composite resin (with a color matching the other teeth) is "glued" on to the exterior of the tooth. 
    Porcelain Venners:Made out of porcelain, veneers form a ceramic shell over the surface of the tooth, covering the stains and discoloration caused by the dental fluorosis. 
     Tooth bonding and porcelain veneers are relativly expensive dental fluorosis treatments but they can provide excellent cosmetic results.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_porcelain-veneers-356.aspx

Free Dental Consultation