I have been cavity-free for 37 years, and at my checkup yesterday a dentist (not MY dentist, but another at the practice subbing for him) told me that I have 4 cavities that need filled. I am stunned! I am religious about brushing and flossing, and don't eat/drink many sugary foods. I'm having a hard time understanding how I went from zero in 37 years, to 4 in one year! She was pointing to them on the x-rays, but I couldn't see anything obvious. Should I get a second opinion? Should I ask my regular dentist (at the same practice) to look at the x-rays? Thanks for any help you can provide...

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - July - 2014, at 19:50 PM

• If you donot have any symptoms and you are not very sure about cavities then it is always better to take second opinion. However if the caries are in initial stage sometimes, you donot feel any sensation and they are in such locations that you cannot see them even. But before getting them filled you should have second opinion. You can take is from another practice as the dentist in same practice may not give divergent view. You can take some online groupon type coupons for getting your teeth checked. for more info on caries you can browse this link in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-caries-7.aspx

Free Dental Consultation