I have my tongue pierced for a little over a year now. After it healed from getting pierced a lump appeared in front of my tongue ring. I was told to switch to a smaller barbell and switch to titanium. I did so and gradually the lump went away. Well forward a year later, and i just got a wisdom tooth extracted a week ago and now i woke up with a sore tongue, looked in the mirror and the lump is back, looks like maybe it ripped a little. I am thinking its just caused by the xray camera they stuck in my mouth forcablly and pushed my tongue ring back a little far or something, but have you heard anything like this before?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - April - 2012, at 10:14 AM

• The lump on otngue can be because of some sort of trauma. may be during extraction it can be because of the X-ray film which was forcibly placed . it can be because when the numbing shot is given to pull the tooth the tongue also gets numb . Moy be at that time it got hurt by biting or because of some other trauma and you did not feel it as it was numb. Do warm saline rinses and keep the area clean. If it does not heal then go to the dentist. For more info on tongue piercing you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_tongue-piercing-aftercare-337.aspx

Free Dental Consultation