Does a living tooth under a bridge causes slight and constant irritation on the tooth itself ? It has been more than one year since I have weared three unit dental bridge. But I have been feeling slight irritation in the canain tooth under bridge. It's a kind of slight and constant irritation which doesn't go away permanently. This problem started right after the placement of bridge. But at that time, the irritation would come and go away itself. After 1.6 year, now I have been feeling the same kind of slight irritation on the canaine tooth. It's a kind slight irritation which often makes me uncomfortable and makes me touch the crown against the other lower teeth. It often makes me aware of the tooth’s irritation. Sometimes it goes away temporarily but comes again. I had the dentist to remove the bridge and examine the living tooth if I need RCT but he says tooth and gum are healthy so I don't need RCT. However, he couldn't find the reason behind such irritation. He then recemented the bridge but I'm still feeling such problem (which isn't that severe either but just makes me uncomfortable). I have been using worm salt water to get rid of it temporarily. What could be the reason behind such irritation on the tooth ?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - January - 2017, at 22:07 PM

• By living tooth you mean to say that the canine is not root canal treated. If it is so then mild irritation is not necessarily because of that. It can be because of some gum problem around that tooth and it has nothing to do whether the tooth is root canal treated or not. If the underlying tooth is not root canal treated and because of some reason it develops infection then you either feel hot and cold sensation or you have pain.Do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day and apply some OTC available gum paint. it should subside but if still there is problem then you can visit the dentist and get the clinical examination done and the X-Ray to find out the exact cause of the irritation. For more info on the dental bridges you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-bridges-work-225.aspx

Free Dental Consultation