Hello, I will have an intervention that consists of 2 implants in the upper part. I'm trying to decide which option to go: zirconium or titanium. I found reviews pros and cons on both sides. I read about zirconium that adapts better to the body. Titanium may present allergies in some cases. Zirconium did not passed the test of time yet, though I found information that it dates from 1987, so almost 30 years. Can you please help in order to decide? Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - December - 2016, at 06:22 AM

• Titanium implant is the best optiuon.if you are allergic to multiple metals then you may consider Zirconium implant which is basically a ceramic implant and nonmetal implant. But titanium allergy is very-very rare. I have yet to come across a person with titanium allergy. If there is failure of titanium implant it is because of the infection or some technical problem not because of the allergy to titanium.The failure rate with zirconium implant is more as it is brittle .So in my opinion go for the titanium implant. For more info on dental implants you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/article_-types-of-dental-implants-166.aspx.

Free Dental Consultation