I have a small hole in my tooth, and I don't think I have a cavity in it though. I have taken photos of it, had people look in it to see if I had any black in the hole(signs of a cavity) but there isn't any... and I've done things like expose it to cold water and place a toothpick in it to check if any of that hurt it, and it didnt.. I am wondering if i could still have a cavity? And will I have to get a filling in the hole? Will it hurt?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2013, at 09:50 AM

• If there is hole in the tooth then it has to be filled. In initial stages if hole is not very deep then you donot feel any pain or sensation but with time the hole deepens and pain starts and in that case some time you end up getting root canal treatment done. To avoid this situation it is better to go dentist and get it examined and if needed get filling done to restore it. At this stage, getting the filling is not painful and expensive but if it worsens then it will be painful and expensive. for more info on composite filling you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-composite-restorations-75.aspx

Free Dental Consultation