I need dental work done, but I fear the dentist. I also have a medical condition, if I am put in too much pain I pass out and have a seizure. Is there anyway I can get my dental work done, even the check-up, without my other medical condition interfering? I have passed out from a dental visit before, and that was a simple check-up, I don't want to go through that again and would be very thankful if you could point me in the right direction. Thank you for your time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - May - 2012, at 00:50 AM

• It seems you are having a psychological fear. Firstly you have to see that from what do you fear. Is it the dentist, the treatment or the huge looking dental instruments?

You can openly speak up with your dentist or parents about the fear. You can ask your dentist to start the treatment gradually like in day one just introducing you to the treatment you will be getting and then the whole treatment. Also before going to dentist, go through the basics of the disease that you are going for getting treated and what are the treatment modalities for it. This way you will become familier with the instruments and treatment and finally you will see that your fear is all gone.

Remember, we always fear of unknown, when things become known to us, the fear is also gone. To know more about the dental office you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dentist-office-97.aspx

Free Dental Consultation