Just got my bottom right side last molar tooth pulled Wed. April 26th, I have a wisdom tooth that was and is behind that site underneath that I need to have removed, now my current problem is that the tooth that was extracted Wednesday, that area hurts unusually bad, my jaw hurts, my ear aches, my temple hurts, my tongue underneath hurts right next to area and the inside of my cheek next to site is very tender and sore, it also hurts to swallow and open my mouth up... what could be wrong?? This isn't dry socket is it? I've had dry socket before and I swear this seems way worse!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - May - 2017, at 05:04 AM

• you have not mentioned whether the extaction was normal or it has to be surgically removed. if it is surgically removed and bone cutting has to be done then it is painful. From your symptoms it looks like that it is dry socket as this much pain and the discomfort is with dry socket only. Visit your dentist and get it checked. if it is dry socket the dentist will give the dressing and you will be comfortable. Till then do warm saline rinses and maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on Wisdom tooth extraction and the complications you can visit the following link on our web site...

http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation