I am 75 yrs old. I currently have all my incisors except one is on a bridge. I have all 4 canine teeth but the upper right is an implant and I am about to loose my upper left. I have an upper left inner premolar on a bridge and a natural outer premolar that I am about to loose. I have an good lower left inner premolar and an implant outer premolar. When I loose the upper left outer premolar I will have no teeth for grinding food. I have major bone loss in the areas of my upper premolars. Do you have any suggestions to allow "chewing"?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - December - 2016, at 04:28 AM

• Without clinical examinations and the X-ray's it is difficult to suggest the treatment plan. If bone loss is there then we have to see whether implant can be given or not. You have to discuss with your dentist about the implant other wise you have to go for the dentures which will help you in chewing. These days mini implants are also available in which not much of the bone thickness is required but your dentist will decide whether you are a good case for that. For more info on dentures you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-need-for-replacement-of-missing-teeth-883.aspx

Free Dental Consultation