Hi I am 47 and have much bone lose. I was bleeding from gum disease and my dentist did a scaling 2 years ago and I have been fine until last Aug. when his assistant did a regular cleaning. I've been bleeding and have had a filling come out, nothing but problems ever since. However a few months ago I had an absces my dentist claimed he took care of it but he was rushing, deep down I knew it was never fully taking care of. I was having pain again the past few days, I went today and he said because of the bone lose he had to pull the tooth. I was concerned about doing this upon seeing pus which I knew was infection off antibiotics but he pulled it! I am on an antibiotic now which I had to ask for but how worried should I be he pulled this tooth before I was on the antibiotic! Can infection spead now through out my whole mouth, teeth and or gums! please advise

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - January - 2017, at 06:26 AM

•  if you don't have any history of systemic disase like Diabetes then you need not worry. when the source of infection that is the tooth is removed the infection also drains out and if one is healthy then body's defence mechanism takes care of the healing. Still you have to maintain very good oral hygeine . Follow all the instructions given by your dentist and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. Food impaction should not be there. For more info on the do's and don'ts after tooth extraction you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation