It's not really a problem, I'm just looking for answers. So I have an open bite which is very noticeable but only if I smile really big. It's not bad, my teeth don't curve in on the sides. It's only the teeth between my canines; I also have a slight overbite, so it kind of balances out. Anyway, my questions are:Is there anything I should worry about? Also, how can I stop my tongue from pushing against my teeth when I talk or when it's at rest?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - September - 2017, at 05:28 AM

• If you have open bite then you can discuss your problem with your orthodontist. Without clinical examination it is difficult to comment on this issue. When open bite is there, then because of spaces present between the upper and lower teeth the tongue starts pushing against the teeth. With time it becomes a habit. It is difficult to break the habit. Your orthodontist can give you some appliance which can help you in pushing your tongue against your teeth. If you want know more about the oral habits you can visit the following link on our website.

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-tongue-thrusting-959.aspx

Free Dental Consultation