Hi,   I had my 11 year old (turning 12 in 2 months) dental exam and cleaning done and dentist noticed  a small cavity in his BABY tooth in the front line. Dentist advised me to go for filling to avoid damage to the other tooth. My question is , as Baby tooth is going to fall anyway and As it requires to numb the area and drill and fill , do we really need to go for filling? Please advise Also, dentist recommended the "Sealants" on the molar tooth to protect?  Is the Sealants are safe  and useful? .   Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - September - 2017, at 22:12 PM

• Normally the baby teeth are shed by the age of 12 years to be replaced by permanent teeth but the shedding time of baby tooth can vary for patient to patient. X-ray only can confirm, the time of shedding of the tooth. If you want to decide whether to go for the filling in the baby tooth, get an x-ray done. If there is time in shedding of the baby tooth then you should go for the filing of the baby tooth. If the baby tooth in mobile and about to fall then there is no need to get it filled.                                                                                                                                                     Your dentist is right in recommending the “Sealants” on the molar tooth as the sealants protect the permanent teeth. Sealants are safe and useful so you should go for the sealants so that further decay is not there. For more info o children dentistry you can visit the following  link on our website….. 

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-children-dentistry-33.aspx                                                                                                     

Free Dental Consultation