Hello, about 3 weeks ago i had several cavities filled (6 in total, in all four quadrants of my mouth). I was in the chair for over 4 hours, and I had pretty severe jaw pain afterwards. For the next few days to a week I wasn't experiencing any pain, but more recently I have had some occasional pain in various parts of my mouth as well as my jaw. It's not painful all the time, but when the pain starts it can get pretty severe, and I need to take ibuprofen to calm it down. I've also woken up a few times at night in a lot of pain. Some of the time it seems to be triggered by sensitivity to hot/cold, but other times it just seems to come from nowhere. It isn't always the same part of my mouth, so I can't really isolate a specific problem tooth, and at times it's difficult to tell if the pain is coming from my jaw or my teeth. At any point, pressing on any of my teeth or gums doesn't cause or worsen pain, so I'm a little confused as to what the problem may be. Is this normal? Will it get better in time or is it something i need to get fixed? I don't have dental insurance so I'd like to avoid going back to see a dentist unless it's absolutely necessary. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank you very much in advance for any help you're able to provide.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - May - 2017, at 05:10 AM

• If the pain is not localized and it is not constant then you can wait for some tme. Try to maintain good oral hygiene and you can use desensitizing tooth paste for some time which is available OTC. if the pain does not go inanother weak or two then you have to visit the dentist and get the X-ray done to find out the cause. For more info on dental pain you can visit the following link on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-pain-42.aspx

Free Dental Consultation