I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted 4 1/2 days ago. I can only view the extraction site for the lower left. The edges of the openings are reddish in color; the majority of the opening is a white-grey color. I have 3 questions. 1. Is this white-grey film my tissue growing back over the clot, and is this normal coloring for this stage after extraction. 2. Is is safe for me to drink alcoholic beverages now; if not, how much longer should I wait 3. Is is safe for me to begin vaping again (the suction effect is far less for a vaping device than it is for smoking); if not, how much longer should I wait

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - December - 2016, at 21:59 PM

• If there is no pain then the whie grey film is fine but you have to maintain good oral hygiene and follow the instructions given by your dentist. Do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. Don.t smoke or take alcoholic beverages another couple of days especially the aereated ones. it can dislodge the clot and result in dry socket which is a painful condition. For more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction visit the following lik on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation