In early may I noticed a very red patch covering the entire dent in my hard palate where it meets the Palestine rugae. I saw my dentist the next day and it looked a lot better but he referred me to an oral surgeon who did a brush biopsy, he said it just looked like irritation but to be certain did the brush biopsy. Thankfully it came back negative. I started on nystatin and the area wasn't so read but still very rough feeling. Now I notice a small area that still becomes red now and then, its a lot smaller than it started out but still noticeable to me. Of course google says erthloplakia which scares me, I did get a second opinion from a second oral surgeon and she said everything looked healthy. Can erthloplakia come and go? I wish I could attach a picture! Some days there's no redness at all and others a small spot

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - June - 2017, at 00:09 AM

• if biopsy has come negative then you should not worry. May be it is related to some habit or some specific type of food. Do keep taB on that. It can be because you are eating somethjing which is causing it. till then maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times  day. for more info on oral lesions you can visit the folowing ink on our website.....

http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-oral-lesions-65.aspx

Free Dental Consultation