My DDS diagnosed my pain in July as a sinus infection. However, the problem has returned. I was then diagnosed with gum recession and he put on varnish and gave me an Rx toothpaste. However, I ate hot soup today and pain did not go away for several minutes. I called him up and he referred me to an endodontist. Could the problem just be another sinus location in the same location?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - October - 2012, at 03:20 AM

• There are numerous potential causes of tooth sensitivity to hot.Sensitivity to hot and/or cold foods usually indicates decay, abscess or worn teeth(attrition).Causes for a tooth sensitive to hot or cold also include gum recession or brushing too hard. While there are many potential causes for this sensitivity, treatment options are fairly consistent. Here are some suggested treatments to help prevent the pain you feel when eating or drinking hot or cold foods and beverages:

Brush Gently: Use a toothbrush that has soft bristles and don’t brush too vigorously, as this is a leading cause of tooth sensitivity.

Use Oral Hygiene Products Designed for Sensitive Teeth

You have to go to dentist who after clinical exam and xrays will find out cause and do treatment. In case of decayed teeth and abarasions, the restorations are done and in case of gum diseases, gum treatment is done.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-hypersenstivity-216.aspx

Free Dental Consultation